41st Annual Minnesota Quilt Show and Conference June 13-15
(May 24, 2019) – Minnesota Quilters are thrilled to present our 41st Quilt Show and Conference – and excited to be returning to Rochester! Mayo Civic Center in downtown Rochester will be transformed into a world of quilts of all genre. The Minnesota Quilt Show is a unique show. We are like a national show in that we attract masterpiece quilts form around the country (700+), employ certified quilt judges, offer 4 days of classes and lectures from nationally known faculty, and host 100+ vendors offering a wide range of products and services. But we also offer the personal touch that you don’t always find at national shows. A dedicated committee of 40 volunteers along with staff leads the show. Over 175 volunteers provide the hands-on help needed to put on the show. While the show caters to quilters, non-quilters will enjoy viewing the beauty and workmanship of the exhibits!
Highlights of this year’s show:
- Quilts that will take your breath away with their artistry and technical expertise! The quilts range from traditional to modern, miniature to bed-size, youth to masters.
- Special Exhibits include three national exhibits as well as regional favorites. This is your chance to see the Prince Cherrywood Challenge! Participants in this challenge were inspired by Prince’s music, style, movies, and distinct look to create their own unique quilt using fabric in saturated purples. The Live Tour will feature 75 quilts from submissions from west of the Mississippi, including Minnesotans! Twisted is an exciting new exhibit that focuses on the incorporation of unfinished vintage textiles into a modern quilt aesthetic. Scraps of vintage blocks and top fragments have been recycled to create new innovative quilts. These pieces begged to be offered a second chance and they now serve as a bridge between the vintage past and the modern future. We are also honored to host the 70273 Project which commemorated 70,273 physically and mentally disabled persons that were killed by the Nazis.
- Classes and lectures that cover a variety of quilt styles and techniques – you can choose from 2-day classes, full day classes, or half-day classes. Purchase a lecture pass in advance and attend all 9 lectures for only $36. Individual lectures are $12. Lectures include a look at how history, women’s voices, and quilts are connected, quilt trunk shows, and beading techniques from across the globe.
- Banquet: Celebrate Global Inspirations with food, fellowship, and fun! Our guest speaker is Bonnie Hunter! The banquet is Friday, June 14 at 5:00. Advanced tickets are required.
- Sewing for Others: sit down and do some sewing! You’ll be able to make quilts that we will donate to a variety of causes. If you have always wanted to learn how to quilt, this is your chance!
- Learning Stage: Located on the show floor as a place to rest and learn from our vendors.
- Shopping: Whether you are a beginner or an experienced quilter – or not even a quilter – you’ll have fun checking out the new fabric, machines, and tools plus much more. With over 100 vendors, you can even get a start on your Christmas shopping!
Advanced registration allows you to sign up for classes, lectures, and a variety of special events plus gives you access to the show floor all 3 days. Once your register, just show up at the show to receive your show pin, tote bag, tickets and name badge. Advance registration ends May 30; $40 for members or $45 for nonmembers. Just coming for a day of quilt viewing and shopping? Tickets can be purchased at the door for $14. Another option is to purchase a multi-day pass for $25. Want to join a bus tour? There are several available – from Sioux Falls, SD to Cedar Rapids, IA to Lodi, WI to Parkers Prairie, MN!
More information can be found at www.mnquilt.org/mq2019.
To download full image, right-click and choose “save image as”