NE PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION
NPA Annual Convention Honors
Educational programming, exhibits, and awards highlighted the Nebraska Pharmacists Association (NPA) annual convention June 6 & 7, 2008, in Lincoln. Nebraska’s pharmacists, technicians, pharmacy students, industry representatives, and exhibitors took part in the convention.
Announced were the 2008-2009 NPA Board of Directors: Chairman of the Board, Eric Hamik, RP, Kearney, graduate of the Creighton University School of Pharmacy and the owner of U-Save Pharmacy in Kearney; President, Arlin Stutheit, RP, from Nebraska City, graduate of the University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy and past owner of Family Prescription Shoppe; and President-Elect, Sam Augustine, RP, graduate of University of Nebraska College of Pharmacy and Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Creighton University School of Pharmacy.
At the President’s Banquet & Awards Celebration, the NPA honored pharmacists who have been licensed for fifty-years: Bill Alexander, Norfolk; Jerry Graves, Hickman; John Haeberle, Kearney; and John “Jack” Winter, Lincoln.
Highlighting the Awards Celebration were award winners:
• Wyeth Bowl of Hygeia – Robert P. Marshall, PharmD, RP, Norfolk
• Cora Mae Briggs, Outstanding Service to Nebraska Pharmacy – Allison M. Dering-
Anderson, PharmD, RP, Lincoln
• Technician of the Year – Tina S. Bowlin, CPhT, Lyman
• Health-System Pharmacist of the Year – Michael R. German, PharmD, RP, Lincoln
• Public Relations Awards – Lisa G. Bucksbee, PharmD, RP, Omaha, and Lisa D.
Keathley, PharmD, RP, Omaha
• Distinguished Young Pharmacist – Carisa J. Schweitzer Masek, PharmD, RP, Ceresco
• Exemplary Committee Service – Gomer V. Taylor, PharmD, RP, Omaha
• Innovative Pharmacy Practice – Kenneth A. Kester, PharmD, RP, Lincoln
The NPA is the professional association that represents all Nebraska pharmacists. This 1400 member association provides professional education for its members and community services to the residents of Nebraska. For more information, visit NPA=s web site at www.npharm.org.
(Contact: Joni Cover, Executive Vice President, 402-420-1500, 402-420-1406, (fax), email@example.com)