IOWA PUBLIC TELEVISION
Iowa Public Television Showcases Programs
(Johnston, Iowa)— Special guests, new programs, and viewer favorites will take center stage during Festival 2013, March 2 – 17 on statewide Iowa Public Television. This programming celebration – the network’s only extended pledge drive of the year – allows viewers to support the programming they enjoy.
Several guests will broadcast live from Iowa Public Television studios to present their programs, including: P. Buckley Moss (March 3); members of the Blenko family (March 4); Daniel O’Donnell (March 6); Dr. Rudy Tanzi (March 12); Chris Mann (March 12); Dr. Neal Barnard (March 14); and more.
Festival programming will air on all three Iowa Public Television channels, and a full list is available at www.iptv.org. Some highlights:
In & About Iowa
* America’s Darling: The Story of Jay N. “Ding” Darling – Premieres Tuesday, March 5 at 6:30 p.m. After being suspended from college, Des Moines Register cartoonist and pioneering conservationist Jay Norwood “Ding” Darling went on to win the Pulitzer Prize twice. Host Chris Steffen explores his great-great grandfather’s life and legacy.
* Bike People – Premieres Saturday, March 9 at 10 a.m. Visit the High Trestle trail, take a ride with Brian Duffy and see Iowa through his eyes, and hear from riders who have overcome their handicaps to enjoy bicycling.
* Iowa Ingredient – Saturday, March 2 at 10 a.m. Explore the history and hard work involved in growing apples, and watch chef Katie Routh from The Gathering Table in Orient prepare some sweet recipes using Iowa apples. Saturday, March 16 at 11:30 a.m. Visit cheese maker and dairy farmer Mike Bandstra, from Frisian Farms in Oskaloosa; watch Chef Nick Illingworth of The Cheese Shop in Des Moines cook yummy favorites; and tag along on the Eastern Iowa Culinary Bike Ride.
Arts and Entertainment
* P. Buckley Moss: The Lady Behind the Brush Special Edition – Premieres Sunday, March 3 at 7 p.m. Pat Moss will be live at IPTV studios to present this program, and to share her exclusive Iowa eagles print, available only as a thank-you gift for IPTV supporters.
* Blenko Glass: Behind the Scenes – Premieres Monday, March 4 at 6:30 p.m. Three generations of Blenko family members will present this special about the artisan glass company.
* Chris Mann: A Mann for All Seasons – Premieres Tuesday, March 12 at 8:30 p.m. Chris Mann will be live from IPTV studios to present his new special, which features classical-crossover favorites with Martina McBride and Mindi Abair.
* Daniel O’Donnell from the Heartland – Premieres Wednesday, March 6 at 6:30 p.m. Daniel O’Donnell will be live from IPTV to showcase this new musical special, which was filmed at Iowa Public Television recently.
* The Tenors: Lead with Your Heart – Premieres Sunday, March 4 at 8:30 p.m. The Tenors perform all-new music from their album “Lead with Your Heart” in this dazzling new show.
* Ed Slott’s Retirement Rescue 2013 – Premieres on IPTV LEARNS (.2) at 6 p.m. Ed Slott defines the fiscal problems facing Americans and shows how to create a plan of action.
* Steps to Incredible Health! With Joel Fuhrman, M.D. – Sunday, March 3 at 9:55 a.m. Dr. Fuhrman’s revolutionary health plan offers knowledge and a healthy, effective, and scientifically proven plan for shedding weight and reclaiming the vitality and good health we all deserve.
* The Blood Sugar Solution with Dr. Mark Hyman – Sunday, March 3 at 3:30 p.m. Dr. Hyman outlines underlying causes of “diabesity” and explains how to overcome the problem.
* Is It Me or Is It My Hormones? – Premieres Saturday, March 7 at 10:30 p.m. Marcelle Pick highlights the basic science of how hormones affect our body, mind, and emotions. Marcelle will be live from IPTV studios on Saturday, March 9 at 1:30 p.m.
* Super Brain with Dr. Rudy Tanzi – Premieres Tuesday, March 12 at 6:30 p.m. Dr. Rudy Tanzi will be live at Iowa Public Television to present his special, which focuses on cutting-edge neuroscience research to maximize the brain’s potential.
* Protect Your Memory with Dr. Neal Barnard – Premieres Thursday, March 14 at 6:30 p.m. Dr. Neal Barnard details the groundbreaking research that can help protect your brain and memory in this program and during his live appearance from Iowa Public Television.
* Unleash the Power of the Female Brain with Dr. Daniel Amen – Premieres Sunday, March 3 at 8:30 p.m. In this powerful presentation, Dr. Amen shows how to strengthen, optimize, and heal the female brain.
This list provides just a sampling of the extensive programming offered during Festival 2013. For a full list and for thank-you gifts associated with each program, visit www.iptv.org.
Iowa Public Television is Iowa's statewide public broadcasting network. IPTV provides quality, noncommercial programming to make a difference in the lives of Iowans. As one of the last locally controlled media enterprises in the state, IPTV is committed to telling Iowa's stories like no one else can. Our mission to educate, inform, enrich, and inspire Iowans enables IPTV to present an unequaled array of programs of lasting value to Iowans regardless of where they live or what they can afford. More than 2 million viewers a month turn to IPTV for programming that reflects a range of interests for Iowans in all demographic categories. Iowa Public Television offers three programming channels statewide: IPTV, IPTV LEARNS, and IPTV WORLD. Iowa Public Television stations include: Channel 11, Des Moines; Channel 12, Iowa City; Channel 21, Fort Dodge; Channel 24, Mason City; Channel 27, Sioux City; Channel 32, Waterloo; Channel 32, Council Bluffs; Channel 36, Davenport; Channel 36, Red Oak. Information on programming channels, reception, and more can be found at www.iptv.org.
Jennifer Glover Konfrst Communications Manager Iowa Public Television (515) 242-3146 (515) 238-9297 (mobile) Jennifer@iptv.org